A musical extravaganza featuring old beats in new meters.
It was first performed at Boskone 43, 17 February 2006, Sheraton Boston, Boston, Massachusetts. A printed libretto was sold at the performance.
Cast: Tom Courtney, David G. Grubbs, Chip Hitchcock, Ellen Kushner, Suford Lewis, Elise Matthesen, Delia Sherman.
Narrator: John M. Ford.
Accompaniment by Gary McGath, Kip Williams.
to Gay Ellen Dennett ("Of course I can find your sheet music—I'm a librarian.")
to David G. "Keymaster" Grubbs, for scores and transpositions.
produced and directed by Davey Snyder with assistance from Chip Hitchcock.
- "The Overture" ("Guys and Dolls," Frank Loesser)—Delia Sherman & Tom Courtney
- "A Matter of Taste" ("Adelaide's Lament," Frank Loesser)—Ellen Kushner
- "Red Moondance" ("Moondance," Van Morrison)—David G. Grubbs
- "You're Snow Vain" (You're So Vain," Carly Simon)—Elise Matthesen
- "Cinderella's Way" ("My Way," Jacques Revaux & Claude Francois)—Ellen Kushner and David G. Grubbs
- "Something Beauty" ("Somethin' Stupid," by C. Carson Parks)—Tom Courtney
- "Beauty and the ..." ("The Man That Got Away," Harold Arlen from A Star is Born)—Suford Lewis
- "Puttin' on the Gander" ("Puttin' on the Ritz," Irving Berlin from Puttin' on the Ritz)—Delia Sherman
- "A Royal Interlude" ("Do You Love Me?" Jerry Bock from Fiddler on the Roof)—Suford Lewis & Chip Hitchcock