NESFA® Treasury Procedures: Creating a New Credit Customer
To create a record for a new credit customer (sometimes called an
A/R customer), first look to see if the customer
already has a customer ID which has been made inactive. If so, just reactivate
it and check the fields below to bring them up to current values. If a new record
needs to be created,
use the Maintain / Customers/Prospects... dialogue.
- Fill in the Customer ID with a unique ID. We usually use the customer's
name with any leading article dropped. (E.g., The Book House has
an ID of
- On the General tab:
- Fill in the name.
- Fill in the Bill-to address. If there is a separate shipping
address, fill that in, too.
- On the Sales Defaults tab:
- Fill in the GL Sales Acct with SI-Misc (this is the default).
- Fill in Ship Via
- Fill in the Pricing level. Choose Retail or 40% discount depending on
what kind of orders you expect most often from this customer.