Gaming RoomThis year's Game Room will feature lots of options for players of Magic: The Gathering, specialized board games, and people who want to play everything from checkers to Dungeons and Dragons. It will be in the Fairfax Room.
Congratulations to Larry Dunne on winning the tournament and becoming King of the Game Room. Thanks are due to WOTC, Rio Grande Games, and SJ Games.
|5:00 p.m.||St. Petersburg - Such a beautiful city, St. Petersburg is, if only in your head. Plan your moves well enough and you may see it through to fruition, plan poorly and it'll never get off the ground.|
|6:30 p.m.||80's Name That Tune - First you test your 80's music trivia knowledge. Then you test your 80's music video knowledge. If you can name that tune in the fewest seconds then you are the winner.|
|7:30 p.m.||Top Shop - Think you can run a business? Opening stores, keeping them stocked, expanding, and making sure your opponents don't take them out from under you. Sounds complicated, but this is actually a kids video game that's random enough to keep the adults interested. Tournament game. Please attend if you do not know how to play if you wish to be in the tournament.|
|8:00 p.m.||Fearsom Floors - Your trapped in an awful, dirty dungeon, but so is the monster trying to catch you. Can you avoid him and get out in time? Take the quick path and you may run right past him. Take the slow path and you can plan your way around him. Tournament game. Please attend demo if you don't know how to play and wish to be in the tournament.|
|10:00 p.m.||Mechwarrior Storyline Event - The Bear In Winter (Constructed) - 2 players. 600 point total. 4 orders per turn. 300 points of the build total must be spent on units with the same faction symbols or faction symbols allied via a house alliance. This included any recruitment costs or mercenary contracts being used. When determining the point value of a mech, include any gear or pilots assigned to it. When determing the faction symbol of units without a faction symbol, use the symbol of the faction that the unit will be recruited to (if applicable), either by paying the recruitment cost or using a mercenary contract card.|
|10:00 a.m.||High Stakes Drifter Sealed - Load your deck & draw your guns, it's time to ante up for a multiplayer, betting & bluffing card game.|
|11:00 a.m.||Heroclix Unrestricted - 1000 pts.|
|11:30 a.m.||Super Munchkin - Your favorite Munchkins are back, and this time they're wearing tights! Yes, Munchkin has invaded the land of super heroes, complete with headquarters, superpowers, and flowing red capes. Come by and learn all the latest updates for Munchkin. Tournament game. Please attend the demo if you do not know to play and wish to play in the tournament.|
|12:00 p.m.||High Stakes Drifter Unrestricted|
|1:00 p.m.||High Stakes Drifter Constructed|
|1:30 p.m.||Three Dragon Ante - Dragons love treasure. Can you keep yours from the other greedy dragons? Use your dragons and mortals to take money and cards away from players, or go for the points to win the pot. Tournament game. Please attend the demo if you don't know how to play and wish to play in the tournament.|
|2:00 p.m.||Heroclix Constructed - 500 pts.|
|2:30 p.m.||Boskone43 King of the Game Room Tournament|
|6:00 p.m.||Heroclix Constructed - 300 pts.|
|9:00 p.m.||Dork Tower - This i the remake of 1980's Dark Tower. Guide your adventurer throughout the lands, destroying monsters that folow the evil wizard. Gain powers and upgrade your weapons and armor. Learn new spells. When your ready, take on the wizard, but be well prepared, for if you fail, there is no second chance.|
|10:00 a.m.||Ninjaburger - your favorite ninjas are back and this time they're Sumo-sized. This includes the expansion pack which gives you more wacky ninjas to choose from, more fortune cards and more hilarious missions. Complete your mission without being detected and earn honor. Earn enough and you will be promoted to restaurant manager. Fail, however, and you must answer to your ancestors!|
|11:00 a.m.||Heroclix Unrestricted - 600 pts.|
|12:00 p.m.||Chez Geek - The card game that covers all the details of life in a college dorm. Earn your slack goal to win the game, but it's not sso easy to just sit around and do nothing.|
|1:00 p.m.||The Haunting House - You just had to go into the house. The door closed behind you and it won't open. There has to be an exit somewhere, but you can't find it because the floor rearranges itself right before your eyes! Avoid the ghosts and find your way to the third floor to win.|
|3:00 p.m.||King Louis XIV - The court of King Louis XIV. Can you influence it enough to gain his favor? Use your points wisely to earn rewards, lest the king pass you buy and leave you to the commoners.|
|5:00 p.m.||High Stakes Drifter Constructed|
Game Room Rules
General Room Rules:
- Anyone under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
- If you damage a game, you bought the game.
- Food and drinks are permitted, but please prevent spills.
- Scheduled games get space before open games.
- You are free to use any of the games in the bin, but are asked to put the games back exactly as you found them, with all pieces and counters intact.
- You may not change the volume on the video games.
- All games and equipment must stay in the game room.
- Any cheating, swearing, or fighting will result in your being asked to leave the game room.
- The games for the tournament are: Munchkin (all decks), Fearsome Floors, Three Dragon Ante, and Top Shop. All players must know how to play the games to enter the tournament. All games are scheduled to be demoed before the tournament. Please attend the demos if you don't know how to play and wish to enter the tournament.
- All players must sign the sign-up sheets. The sheets will be available to sign from 4 p.m. Friday until 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- All players must be present at the start time of 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Once the tournament starts, no further entries will be allowed.
- Players will be split up as evenly as possible to play the games as the games can only hold a limited amoung of people each. Each player will get to play each game in the tournament. Players would rotate from game to game as they finish.
- Standings are based on a point system. The winner of a game gets 10 points, runner-up gets 9, etc. At the end of the tournament, all the points are added and the leader becomes the Boskone43 King of the Game Room. All prizes will be handed out at the end of the tournament, so make sure you can play through all the games.
- Prizes were donated by the following: Blood & Cardstock Games, Rio Grande Games, Steve Jackson Games, and Wizards of the Coast.
Video Game Rules:
- Ask one of the room operators if you wish to change a game.
- No cheat codes.
- There are no memory cards to save your game.
- Do not throw the controllers or damage the equipment.
- You are not allowed to hog the system. If you lose, you pass the controller to the next person and may then wait your turn to try again.