New! The Boskone 44 Gaming Schedule is now online.
Gaming RoomGaming needs you! If you are planning on volunteering for Boskone, please consider running a game. We need volunteers to demo games and to run the video games. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
Gaming is getting an upgrade this year. Look for scheduled demos in the consuite as well as the main gaming room.
Video games will return, and this time there are two systems. The PS2 will be back, and it's got some hot new games to go along with it in Rez, Guitar Hero II, and Lego Star Wars II. The Wii will make its debut at Boskone 44. You've never played a video game like this before. If you haven't played it, stop in and give and see how full motion interaction works in video games. If you have a Wii, don't forget to store your Mii on your wand and bring the wand with you. That way, you can use your own avatar to play and won't lose your progress like you will if you use a generic character.
This years' King of Boskone tournament has a special prize for 1st place. The winner of the tournament will receive a complete set of Munchkin. That's right, every set ever released. 2nd, 3rd, and fourth place winners will also receive prizes, including games from WOTC. The tournament starts at noon on Saturday and sign-up sheets will go up at 4 p.m. on Friday in the game room. Please sign up to guarantee a spot in the tournament.
And, as always, do stop in to check out the best games from WizKids, SJ Games, Rio Grande Games, Cheapass Games, Pair-Of-Dice Games and many more.
Game Room Rules
General room rules:
- Anyone under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
- If you damage a game, you bought the game.
- Food and drinks are permitted, but please prevent spills.
- Scheduled games get space before open games.
- You are free to use any of the games in the bin, but are asked to put the games back exactly as you found them, with all pieces and counters intact.
- All games and equipment must stay in the game room.
- Any cheating, swearing, or fighting will result in your being asked to leave the game room.
- You must be present at the start time to play in the tournament.
- Walk-in players will be allowed if space is available. Please sign the sign-up sheets to guarantee a spot on any of the tournaments.
- You must know how to play the game in question to enter the tournament. Look for demo times or ask the room operator to show you a particular game.
- Prizes are handed out at the end of the tournament in question.
Video Game Rules:
- You may not change the video games.
- No cheat codes.
- There are no memory cards to save your game.
- Do not throw the controllers or damage the equipment.
- You may not change the volume on the television.
- You must secure the wrist strap to your wrist (for the Wii remote).
- Please follow customary video game rules in passing the controller if you lose a game.