February 12-14, 2010, Westin Boston Waterfront, 425 Summer St., Boston, MA 02210. We hope you'll join us there!
Rates: $153 single/double; $163 triple; $173 quad (plus tax)
roll-aways: free (but only one and only in a king).
Parking: $41/day valet; $/day self/parking; there is cheaper parking in lots nearby.
Update! The deadline for booking a room in our blocks is extended to Monday, February 8, 2010! Don't delay too long, reserve today!
Hotel Booking Information
The best way is to book is online; just follow the links below:
- Reserve a room on a quiet floor -- Boskone main (non-party) block
- Reserve a room on a party floor -- Boskone party block (if you are running a party, you must reserve a room on a party floor)
Note that there are several known bugs in the hotel's booking pages. A list of them, and the workarounds, is as follows:
- If you have multiple people booked into a room with different last names and Starwood Preferred Guest numbers, then you may get a notice of an SPG number mismatch. If that happens, you need to delete the extra guest, and make the reservation. You can then change it to add the person later. Alternatively, make the booking without the SPG number, and add that to the reservation later.
- Depending on the size of your screen, you may have to scroll to see the "Reserve" button. The "book a room" option on the right top of the screen will also take you to the appropriate reservation page.
Despite these bugs, we still recommend you make the reservations online, rather than through the reservations center, since the online system provides access to the latest and most accurate hotel block status.
Guests can access the site to learn more about the event and to book, modify, or cancel a reservation. Please note that the credit card used must have an expiration date of "02/10" or later.
Contact the Westin phone reservations office. In the US and Canada, it's 800-937-8461. The names of the blocks are "Boskone Main (Non-party) block" and "Boskone Party block."
The phone reservations people have often been unable to find the party or non-party block, although which one they can't find seems to vary. Please confirm that you are booked into the correct block. If they claim that the room block is filled, it might well be that it isn't, and they are just looking at the wrong block. We will post the information here when blocks are actually full.
The incorrect room rate problems listed in the bullet point above will occur whether you book online or through the reservations center. In either case, the hotel should adjust the rate before check-in.
- what you've got, including confirmation number, room type, all names, etc,.
- what you want
and we'll get your reservations fixed.
Please specify a party or non-party floor room at the time of reservation.
A limited number of handicapped-access rooms are available, so please let the hotel know right away if you have any special needs.
Rollaway beds and cribs are in short supply, and can only be put in a king room, so let them know if you think you'll need one.
Check-in and Check-out: Check-in begins at 3 pm. Check-out time is 12 noon. A late check-out of 2 pm may be available. You can avoid morning check-out lines by pre-paying as early as the night before!
The hotel has changed the deadline for canceling a reservation without a penalty. If you have to cancel your reservation, you must do so by 6 pm three days before your check-in date to avoid a penalty.
The Westin has a shuttle that offers people staying at the hotel a quick way to South Station and downtown Boston. While it does go to South Station, it does not go to the airport. However, it can help you do some sightseeing or get you out to dinner once you've checked in to the hotel. Thanks to Janice Gelb for the reminder about the shuttle.