Boskone Program offers panels, talks, discussions, demos, and workshops on many aspects of the science fiction and fantasy field. We include items about hard SF and fantasy, science and art, fandom and movies, literature and TV, horror and comics, music and singing, and heaps of related topics! Program also includes interviews with our Guest of Honor, slide-shows and demos with our artists, and individual presentations. These are the types of presentations and settings you can expect at Boskone—since many panels run concurrently, it will be your tough decision as to what to attend!
- Friday evening activities vary from year to year, but usually includes the Art Show Reception
- Saturday evening activities may include a Featured Filk Concert, Awards Ceremony, and an entertainment to be named later.
Types of Programming
- Anime/Video—A track of anime and video for your viewing pleasure, schedule
- Art Demos—See Artists in action!
- Autographs—Program participants will sign your books in the Galleria on Saturday and Sunday (you can get lots from the Hucksters!).
- Concerts—Performances by our Featured Filk Guests and various other performers
- Discussion Groups—Join program participants and other members in the Boskone Con Suite, our very own "living room of fandom." Discussion groups are small intimate conversations on focused topics—and we invite you to form your own group ("Birds of a Feather").
- DragonsLair/Children's Program—All kinds of kids'activities.
- Filksinging—Filksongs are fandom's folk songs, with themes of SF, fantasy and fannish interests. Items include theme circles, NESFA Hymnal singing and the Featured Filker Concert.
- Gaming schedule and rules.
- Kaffeeklatsches/Literary Beers—Participate an informal discussion with one of our program participants over coffee, tea, or beer. Attendance is limited; sign up is required. Sign-up for these at the Program Desk near Information.
- Panels—Dozens of discussions by our program participants.
- Readings—Hear writers read and discuss their own works.