Boskone Program offers panels, talks, discussions, demos, and
workshops on many aspects of the science fiction and fantasy field, populated by a wide
assortment of speakers. We
include items about hard SF and fantasy, science and art,
fandom and movies, literature and TV, horror and comics, music and
singing, and heaps of related topics! Program also includes
interviews with our Guest of Honor, slide-shows and demos with our
artists, and individual presentations. These are the types of
presentations and settings you can expect at Boskone—since
many panels run concurrently, it will be your tough decision as to
what to attend! If you have questions, write to Program.
In addition to a variety of Program, Boskone runs parties and
entertainment throughout the weekend:
- Friday Night - We'll be kicking off the Friday night reception with a "Meet the Guests" and Jane Yolen Birthday Party.
- Saturday Night - We'll be starting with a Filk Jam with our Featured FIlker, Bill Roper, and other talented filkers. Then, we'll have our award presentation. Followed by an amusing play from the pen of Esther Friesner.
Types of Programming
- Anime/Video—A track of anime and video for your viewing
- Art Demos—See Artists in action!
- Autographs—Program participants will sign your books in the Galleria on Saturday and Sunday (you can get lots from the Hucksters!).
- Concerts—Performances by our Featured Musician Guest and
various other performers
- Discussion Groups—Join program participants and other members in the Boskone Con Suite, our very own "living room of fandom." Discussion groups are small intimate conversations on focused topics—and we invite you to form your own group ("Birds of a Feather").
- DragonsLair/Children's Program—All kinds of kids'activities.
- Filksinging—Filksongs are fandom's folk songs, with themes
of SF, fantasy and fannish interests. Items include theme circles,
NESFA Hymnal singing and the Featured Musician Concert. The main filk
room is expected to be off the mezzanine near Registration.
- Gaming schedule - video & board. Gaming
has been moved up to the Harbor Ballroom prefunction area.
- Kaffeeklatsches/Literary Beers—Participate an informal discussion with one of our program participants over coffee, tea, or beer. Attendance is limited; sign up is required. Sign-up for these at the Program Desk near Information.
- Panels—Dozens of discussions by our
- Photo Booth—Ever wanted a photo of yourself on the moon, maybe with a friend or
with your favorite author? Can you picture yourself with alien eyes
and a top hat? Costume pieces and backdrops provided, this will be a
great opportunities to make some memories. Photos can be taken with
your camera or given to you at con.
- Readings—Hear writers read and discuss their own works.