NESFA Computer Committee Goals
(updated 22-JUN-2003 tps)
- 1. Determine needs for PC usage at the clubhouse, and upgrade PC hardware so all
machines can be used for common tasks. PC Requirements: (see also Dave A's suggested action items for this goal)
- Must support PageMaker, PhotoShop, FrontPage and FTP (IRC on 2 PCs in Main
- All should have basic office suite and our primary fonts (Adobe Garamond and
- Need to be able to access NESFA email service.
- Need to support database activities.
- USB Support for flexibility in adding and moving external devices such as
- Increase network connections and network services reliability.
- Effective printer queues, with clearly named printers.
- Consistently manage network resources to eliminate network errors.
- Implement secure remote access to data at the clubhouse. (see also Dave A's suggested action items for this goal.)
- Implement a new email server. Need to rank requirements, and rate solutions.
Some requirements: (see also Dave A's wish list and another issue)
- From/To address should be (something)@nesfa.org (alias)
- Alias should route to 1 or more private email address.
- Virus and spam filter.
- Implement a new web hosting solution.
- Post requirements to geeks email list.
- Rank requirements.
- Rate solutions against requirements.
Here's a first pass at triaging these
Here are some suggestions by Dave A for additional goals.