Homebrew is a collection of some of the more unusual writings by many-time Hugo-award winning SF and fantasy author, Poul Anderson on the occasion of his being Guest of Honor at Boskone 13 in February 1976. It also includes "House Rule" an original short story set in his Old Phoenix Tavern series.
Table of Contents
- Foreword *
- House Rule (story) *
- Ballade of an Artificial Satellite (lyrics)
- The First Love (poem)
- Upon the Occasion of Being Asked to Argue That Love and Marriage Are Incompatible (poem)
- Two Songs
- Science Fiction and Freedom (essay)
- Notes Towards a Definition of Science Fiction (article)
- The Archetypical Holmes (article)
- A Blessedness of Saints (article)
- A Philosophical Dialog (story)
- Lost Secrets Revealed (story)
- Uncleavish Truethinking (article)
- Herrings (bon mots)
Poul Anderson won 7 Hugos and 3 Nebulas over his career. He was named "A Grand Master" by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America in 1998
* first publication
Hardcover, 500 numbered copies, signed by the author, ISBN: 0-915368-13-7, 5 1/4" x 7 3/4", $7.00 at the convention, $10.00 thereafter. February 1976, ii+75 pages.
20 copies, lettered and signed by the author, were rebound in leather by advance subscription and is known as the finebound state, $42.00, ISBN: 0-915368-78-1. February 1976, ii+75 pages.
Homebrew sold out August 1978 and will not be reprinted.