Dreamweaver's Dilemma is the Boskone 33 book (1996) by Guest of Honor Lois McMaster Bujold. It contains two novellas which have never been published before—the title story "Dreamweaver's Dilemma" and "The Adventure of the Lady on the Embankment"—plus the first hardcover appearance of "Mountains of Mourning," three of Lois's previously uncollected short stories, and four essays.
The book also includes an interview with Lois McMaster Bujold, a timeline of the Vorkosigan stories, genealogical notes, and a pronunciation guide by the book's editor, Suford Lewis.
The introduction is by noted writer — and Lois's childhood friend — Lillian Stewart Carl.
Table of Contents
- Hegen Hub Wormhole Neighborhood by Suford Lewis [chart]
- Through Darkest Adolescence with Lois McMaster Bujold or Thank You, But I Already Have a Life by Lillian Stewart Carl
- The Adventure of the Lady on the Embankment (previously unpublished)
- Garage Sale
- The Hole Truth
- Dreamweaver's Dilemma (previously unpublished)
- The Mountains of Mourning
- My First Novel (essay)
- Beyond Genre Barriers (essay)
- The Unsung Collaborator (essay)
- Allegories of Change: The "New" Biotech in the Eye of Science Fiction [essay]
- Biolog (biography)
- American Bibliography
- Answers: Lois McMaster Bujold is interviewed by Suford Lewis
- Miles Naismith Vorkosigan: His Universe and Times
- Timelines by Suford Lewis
- Towards a Genealogy of Lord Miles Vorkosigan and Other Persons of Interest by Suford Lewis
- A Pronunciation Guide to Names and Places by Suford Lewis
Lois McMaster Bujold is considered today's leading proponent of character-driven adventure science fiction. Her chronicles of the Vorkosigan family have won her legions of admirers throughout the world. Her fantasy novel, The Spirit Ring, was published in 1993; another fantasy, The Curse of Chalion, was published by Eos in 2001. It was the first of a new series of connected novels that includes Paladin of Souls. She is currently working on additions to her universes.
Dustjacket artist Bob Eggleton received the Hugo Award for Best Professional Artist at the 1994 World Science Fiction Convention in Winnipeg. He was Official Artist at Boskone 23 in 1986, was presented with the Jack Gaughan Award for Emerging Artist in 1988, and elevated to the rank of Fellow of NESFA in 1995.
Trade hardcover state, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", xiv+250pp., ISBN: 0-915368-66-8, 1015 numbered copies, $12.00 in advance and at the convention, $19.95 thereafter, February 1996. out of print!
Boxed hardcover state, 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", xiv+250pp., ISBN: 0-915368-75-7, 175 numbered copies signed by the author and the cover artist, $18.00 in advance and at the convention, $30.00 thereafter (this state sold out at the convention), 10 lettered and signed presentation copies. out of print!
|Feb 1996||Hardcover and Boxed states|
|Feb 1997||1st trade paperback edition|
|Dec 1998||2nd trade paperback printing|
|May 2000||3rd trade paperback printing|
|4th trade paperback printing|