Late Knight Edition was published in conjunction with the appearance of Damon Knight as Guest of Honor at Boskone XXII. It contains 6 Knight stories and 2 essays, including a story that has never previously been printed. Among those included are:
- "I See You," a Hugo nominated story in which anyone can see anyone and anything, past or present, and there is no such thing as privacy;
- "Tarcan of the Hoboes," a parody of Tarzan in which the son of an American millionaire is raised in the wild by hoboes;
- "The Cage," a previously unpublished story about a man's attempt to escape the cage his life has become;
- "Good-bye, Henry J. Kostkos, Goodbye," an insightful, biting essay about science fiction's old guard.
Table of Contents
- Introduction by Kate Wilhelm
- What Is Science Fiction?
- The Third Little Green Man
- Who Is Damon Knight?
- I See You
- Tarcan of the Hoboes
- La Ronde
- The Cage (original)
- Good-bye, Henry J. Kostkos, Good-bye
Damon Knight was born in Baker, Oregon on September 19, 1922. He moved to New York City after completing high school and published his first SF story in 1941. He soon became known as a writer and a critic. He was one of the founders of the Milford SF Writers Conference and has continued to play a major role in the Clarion workshop series, an outgrowth of Milford. He founded the Science Fiction Writers of America and was editor of Orbit, the original anthology series that dominated the Nebula Awards in the late sixties. Damon and his wife, Kate Wilhelm, were Guests of Honor at the 1980 World Science Fiction Convention, Noreascon Two. He died in 2002; Kate resides in Eugene, Oregon.
Hardbound, 5-1/4"x7-1/4" bound in 88 pt. binder's boards; 600 copies trade edition, Smyth sewn, cased into C grade house cloth, viii+150 pp., ISBN 0-915368-28-5, $7.80 at the convention, $13.00 afterwards, February 1985.
Boxed, 5-1/4"x7-1/4" bound in 88 pt. binder's boards; 200 copies boxed and numbered, signed by the author and artist, Smyth sewn, cased into Lexotone cloth, $15.00 at the convention, $25.00 afterwards. This state sold out at the convention. out of print!
LC card number 84-062283.