NESFA® Treasury Procedures: Entering an A/R Order
This is usually done by the Sales committee, rather than by the Treasurer.
When an A/R order comes in, it must be entered into Peachtree, and then
packing slips and invoices must be printed out for it.
Nearly all A/R orders come from established customers, but there will be some
from new customers. Here's how to deal with those.
- Look at the order and determine if there are any items being ordered which
are not stocked at PSS. If some are stocked at PSS, and some only at the
clubhouse, then two invoices must be created. Mark the items to be shipped
from the clubhouse as
CH right on the order.
- Open the Tasks > Sales-Invoicing dialog and enter the customers ID in the
Customer ID field. (The
customer's ID is usually (but not always, alas!) the customer's name stripped
of leading articles.) If it's found, go on. If it's not found, check to
see if the customer has an inactive record, and, if so, make that record active.
If there is no record, either active or inactive, determine if this is a
new receivables account that we mean to allow, and create it.
- Enter the date (usually today), the invoice number (of the form ARyynnn,
where yy is the fiscal year and nnn
is sequential starting with 001), and the customer's PO number (use something
email 3/4/03 or
fax 4/15/03 if the order doesn't have a
PO). If the customer
has a special shipping address, make sure the correct address is showing.
- Enter the items ordered, one per line. Make sure that the
discount percentage is correct. (It will default to what's most common for this
- Enter the postage charge, if applicable. (If a customer prepays, or has arranged for
postage payment in some other way (such as
address-paid shipping), the postage charge
should be zero.)
- Check the data entered and check the total against the total on the
- Save it.
To print invoices go to Reports & Forms > Accounts Receivable > Forms > Invoices and Packing Slips > NESFA
Invoice No Graphic 2. To print packing
slips, go to Reports & Forms > Accounts Receivable > Forms > Invoices and Packing Slips > NESFA Packing
Slip. Print two copies of each form.