How to Get to Boskone
Remember: We're in a new location this year!
(So don't go to the Sheraton Boston: Everyone will laugh at you...)
The main entrance to the hotel is from Summer St. You would go in from the D St. side only if you're parking there. (Also, note that as the final repair work for the tunnel ceilings proceeds routing through south Boston changes, so be sure to keep an eye on the posted information!)
From the NORTH
- Take I-93 South and go into the tunnel
- Take the Purchase St. Exit.
- Take a left as you exit the ramp (follow signs to the shore). You should pass the new convention center [BCEC] on your right side after a short way.
- Take a right at the first stoplights after the BCEC.
- Go up one block and you should be crossing Summer St.
- Take a right and a quick left to pull into the hotel.
From the NORTH SHORE via route 1A
- Take 1A south towards Logan airport.
- From Logan airport, the Westin is about 3 miles. Take the Mass Pike westbound (Ted Williams Tunnel) to exit 25, South Boston.
- Make slight right onto Congress St.
- Make a right onto D St. Make a slight right onto Summer St. The Westin will be on the right.
From the SOUTH
- Take I-93 north to exit 20 toward I-90/Logan Airport/South Station/BCEC.
- Take the fork towards South Station.
- At second set of lights, make a right onto Kneeland St.
- Go to end, and make a left. South Station will be on your right.
- At the third light, make a right onto Summer St.
- Go over the Fort Point Bridge, stay straight for about a mile. The Westin will be on your right after the new convention center [BCEC].
From the WEST
- Take I-90 (Mass Pike) eastbound to the South Boston exit
- Exiting the Pike, take the left (of 3) choices which is marked “local traffic”
- At the first light, turn right onto Congress St and go under an elevated roadway.
- Turn right at the next light which is D. St.
- Cross back over the highway and the next light is Summer St.
- Either turn right and the hotel entrance is immediately on your left, or go straight and look for the garage entrance on your right.
Where to Park
A note on parking: Most places either close at 10 pm or charge $18-$24 for 24 hours.
- 66 Sleeper St.: Open 6 am to 10 pm. $9 daily rate.
- 391 Congress St.: Open 6 am to 10 pm. $9 daily rate.
- 25 Northern Ave.: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. $9 daily rate ($18 for full 24 hours).
- 29 Stillings St.: Open 6 am to 10 pm. $9 daily rate.
- 390 Congress St.: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. $9 daily rate ($18 for full 24 hours).
- 145 Northern Ave.: Open 6 am to 10 pm. $9 daily rate.
- 225 Northern Ave., Park Lane Garage: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ($24 for 24 hours).
- 120 Northern Ave. directly in front of the ICA off Northern Avenue: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. $9 daily rate ($18 for full 24 hours).
- Fan Pier lot, 28 Northern Ave.: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. $9 daily rate ($18 for full 24 hours).
Further out and much cheaper
- Alewife is the northern terminus of the Red Line in Cambridge. Parking there is in a garage for $5/day.
- Riverside is the western terminus of the Green (D) Line in Newton. Parking there is in a lot for $3.25/day. You pay in advance for the stay and get tickets to put on your dashboard.
From Logan International: The simplest way is to take the Silver Line Bus Rapid Transit to the World Trade Center station. (see from World Trade Center Station, below). A taxi is also a reasonable choice and will cost in the low teens (somewhat more during rush hour), or you can take a shared van service to the hotel for about $10. See details at the airport or at www.massport.com/logan/getti_typeo_share.html.
Take Amtrak to South Station and transfer there to the Silver Line to World Trade Center Station (see below).
By the 'T'
Go to South Station and transfer there to the Silver Line to the World Trade Center Station (see below). For details, see www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/?route=SILVER#Waterfront or call 617-222-3200 or 1-800-392-6100.
From World Trade Center Station
Go up the escalators (following the signs to Viaduct St.) After you leave the station, turn left and walk along World Trade Center Drive until it ends at Summer Street. Cross the street and turn left. The hotel is about halfway down the block. Total walk is about ¼ mile.