Gaming RoomGaming needs you! If you are planning on volunteering for Boskone, please consider running a game. We need volunteers to demo games and to run the video games. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
There will be two tournaments held this year in the game room.
You can be the Guru Of the Game Room by winning the traditional tournament held on Saturdaty. The Games are:
- Munchkin - The game where you get to slay the monsters and take their treasure too!
- Power Grid - Buy power plants at auction to power cities on the map. Be careful, though, as you must also buy the raw materials needed to power those plants.
- 3 Dragon Ante - Use your dragons wisely to gain gold and abilities.
- Top Shop - The video game that simulates running a business in a mall.
Please note that Munchkin will follow a different format this year. The deck will be split into two sets with each group using a different set. Scoring is based on a point system with first place earning 10 pts., second earning 9, third earning 8, etc.
The player with the most points at the end of the game wins the grand prize. Prizes are also awarded to second, third, and fourth place finishers. Every participant will receive a small prize for entering the tournament. Prizes have been furnished by SJ Games, Wizards of the Coast, Gozer Games LLC, Slugfest Games, and Rio Grande Games.
The video game tournament will take place on the Wii at 12:30 pm on Saturday. The game is Super Smash Brothers Melee. If, however, SSBM is not released in time for the convention, the game wll be Guitar Hero III.
Tournament format will be round robin, with all players being randomly placed within the brackets. This is a single elimination tournament with one winner receiving a $50 gift certificate to Gamestop.
And, as always, do stop in to check out the best games from WizKids, SJ Games, Rio Grande Games, Cheapass Games, Pair-Of-Dice Games and many more.
Game Room Rules
General room rules:
- Anyone under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
- If you damage a game, you bought the game.
- Food and drink are permitted, except on the video game table. You may not have any food or drinks of any kind on the video game table. Please prevent spills.
- Scheduled games get space before open games.
- You are free to use any of the games available for use, but are asked to put the games back exactly as you found them, with all pieces and counters intact.
- All games and equipment must stay in the game room.
- Any cheating, swearing, fighting, or breaking of any of the rules will result in your being asked to leave the game room.
- You must be present at the start time to play in the tournament.
- Walk-in players will be allowed if space is available. Please sign the sign-up sheets to guarantee a spot on any of the tournaments.
- You must know how to play the game in question to enter the tournament. Look for demo times or ask the room operator to show you a particular game.
- Prizes are handed out at the end of the tournament in question.
- All players are encouraged to sign up for the tournaments. Walk-ons will only be allowed if space is available at the start of the tournament. Start up sheets will go up Friday at 4pm in the game room.
- Anyone can enter, but all participants under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an parent while in the game room.
- You must be in the game room by the following times:
Guru Of the Game Room tournament: 11:45
Video game tournament: 12:15
- You must know how to play the games. If you do not know how to play any of the games in the tournament, attend the demo or ask the room manager for a quick overview of the rules.
- There will be a 10 minute break between the second and third game in the Guru of the Game Room tournament.
- If at any time you need help during the tournament with rules you can ask other players for help, but they do not have to help if they don't want to.
- Absolutely no cheat codes of any type will be allowed for the video game tournament.
- You may not use your own wand for the video game tournament. You must use the game room's wand.
Video Game Rules:
- You may not change the video game in the machine. Please refer to the schedule to see when a particular video game is being played or, if wish to change the game in the PS2, ask the room operator.
- Once a game has been chosen for the PS2, please let everyone that wants to play it play before asking for the game to be switched.
- If a dispute arises over which game should be played on the Ps2 at any given time, the room operator has the right to choose the game to be played.
- You may not set up equipment. Only room staff can set up equipment for video games (such as putting the guitar together for Guitar Hero 3 or changing the batteries, etc.).
- You may bring in your own wands for the Wii, but you are responsible for your own equipment and the convention will not be held responsible for any losses or damages incurred if you do so.
- No cheat codes.
- There are no memory cards to save your game.
- Straps for the Wii remote must be used at all times.
- Do not throw the controllers or damage the equipment.
- You may not change the volume of the television.
- Please use normal gaming courtesy. If other people wish to play, please pass the controller when you lose.