Gaming needs you! If you are planning on volunteering for Boskone, please consider running a game. We need volunteers to demo games and to run the video games.
Gaming Room Rules
- If you damage a game, you bought the game.
- Food and drink are permitted, except on the video game table. You may not have any food or drinks of any kind on the video game table. Please prevent spills.
- Scheduled games get space before open games.
- You are free to use any of the games available for use, and also free to take the games into the consuite or the play area if space is not available in gaming, but you are asked to put the games back exactly as you found them, with all the pieces and counters intact, when you’re finished playing.
- Any cheating, swearing, fighting, or breaking of any of the rules will result in your being asked to leave the gaming.
Video Game Rules
- You may not change the video game in the machine. Please ask the room manager to change a game. .
- You may not set up equipment. Only room staff can set up equipment for video games. This includes changing the batteries
- You may bring in your own controllers, but you are responsible for your own equipment and the convention will not be held responsible for any losses or damages incurred if you do so.
- No cheat codes.
- There are no memory cards to save your game.
- Straps for the Wii remote must be used at all times.
- Do not throw the controllers or damage the equipment.
- You may not change the volume of the televisions.
- Please use normal gaming courtesy. If other people wish to play, please pass the controller when you lose.
Tournament Info and Rules
There will be two tournaments held in gaming this year. You can be the Guru of the Game Room by winning the traditional tournament held on Saturday. The games are:
- Dominion—Buy cards and abilities to gain victory points.
- Race For The Galaxy—Choose which tasks you will perform to conquer the galaxy.
- 3 Dragon Ante – a combination of D&D and poker, this is a surprisingly well-thought-out game that’s loads of fun to play.
- Munchkin – The game where you get to slay the monsters and take their treasure too!
The tournament starts at 1pm on Saturday. If you can’t make the start of the tournament you may be allowed to jump in later if space is available, but you will not earn points for any games missed if you come in after the first game.
Point system has not changed. 10 points for the winner, 9 for second, etc.
The game ends when I say it does. Each game will last 1 hour with a 15 minute break between games. No extensions, no finishing the game. The game ends and points are earned based on who is in the lead at the time.
The prizes work as follows: The winner gets the first pile. 2nd place gets the second pile. 3rd place gets the 3rd pile. 4th place gets the 4th pile. You are free to trade any games in your pile as you wish but you do not automatically get games from a different pile then the one you won.
Prizes are given out at the end of the tournament. If you cannot stay or leave early you will not earn points for any of the following games, thus making it impossible to win any of the major prizes.
The video game tournament is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This starts at Noon on Saturday.
You may bring in your own controllers if you wish but you are responsible for your own controller.
No cheat codes allowed.
Tournament format will be round robin, with all players being randomly placed within the brackets. This is a single elimination tournament with one winner receiving a $50 gift certificate to GameStop.
You may not enter both the video game tournament and the Guru of the Game Room tournament.