NESFA Computer Committee
Triaged Goals for 2003
(If we don't do it we will be considered to have failed.)
- Support PageMaker, PhotoShop, FrontPage on one or more designated machines
- Support IRC on 2 PCs in Main Room.
- All machines should have basic office suite and our primary fonts (Adobe Garamond and
- Need to support database activities (requires FoxPro and R&R)
- Provide reliable email lists
(Of significant value to NESFA, but not mission-critical.)
- Support PageMaker, PhotoShop, FrontPage on all machines
- Need to be able to access NESFA email service from CH
- Email: Virus filtering
- USB support for flexibility in adding and moving external devices such as
(Of value, but not of significant value.)
- Effective printer queues, with clearly named printers.
- Support FTP on all machines
- Implement secure remote access to data at the clubhouse.
- Email: From/To address should be (something)@nesfa.org (alias). Alias should route to 1 or more private email address.
- Increase network connections and network services reliability.
- Consistently manage network resources to eliminate network errors.
(Probably harmful to NESFA.)