Boston Fandom has its share of places — restaurants, businesses, meeting places — which have been important to it over the years. Here are a few of them:
The Belmont Lions Club
C. W. Beane
Home of Tony and Suford Lewis and later Jim Hudson and Ellen Franklin, 33 Unity Ave was for a long time the official address of NESFA and a frequent meeting place.
Box G, MIT Branch PO
Until the early 90s when the Post Office "for your convenience" renumbered all the PO boxes in Cambridge, Box G was NESFA’s mailing address.
By the end of 2004, there will have been 4 Worldcons in Boston—where have the rest of the cons in North America been held?
- The Park Plaza/Statler Hilton
- The Sheraton Boston Hotel and Towers
- The Copley Marriott
- The Sheraton Tara/Framingham Sheraton
- The Springfield Marriott/Springfield Tara
- The Sheraton Rolling Green
- The Radisson Ferncroft
- The Westin Boston Waterfront