(Note: There is usually no one at the Clubhouse to answer it, and the call will usually go to voicemail. See our calendar for more information.)
Detailed Driving Directions from Allston/Cambridge [Mass Pike Exit 17]
- Take the Mass Pike, Storrow Drive or Memorial Drive tothe Allston/Brighton exit of the Mass Pike. If necessary, cross the Charles River into Cambridge. Head away from the Charles into Cambridge on River Street. River St. starts at Memorial Drive and the River St. Bridge. It is marked by a tall apartment building on the right corner and Riverside Park on the left corner.
- Follow River St. to its end in Central Square, about 1 mile. Central Sq. is a congested shopping area with a moderately complicated intersection. The main cross street is Mass. Ave. Go straight across Central Sq. (River St. bends slightly to the left here) and continue. River St. has changed its name to Prospect St.
- Follow Prospect St. for about 1 1/2 miles to Union Sq. in Somerville. Just before you get to Union Sq., Prospect goes up on a concrete bridge over railroad tracks. As you go down the other side (about a block), you come to a traffic light with a Dunkin Donuts parking lot on the left. Turn left here onto Somerville Ave. (Prospect St. goes on another block and then ends in a right turn. This is to be avoided.)
- Now comes the complicated part. If you get it right, you’ll find the clubhouse. If not….
(Union Sq. is a maze that appears actually to have been planned that way. Amazing.)
- Once you have turned left from Prospect onto Somerville Ave, follow it (staying in the right lane) about a half-block until it turns off to the right at a light. Note: There is a turn to the right just before the light which is a right-angle turn onto Stone Ave which you don’t want to take. Your turn is less sharp than a right angle and is permitted by a green arrow that is usually on.
- If you made it this far, You are now on Bow St. for two short blocks until the main road vees. The left lane (Bow St) veers off to the left. Take the straight-through street (which is called Summer St.) which continues as a somewhat narrower street straight ahead. Take the straight-ahead route.
- Follow Summer St. for about a mile to Lowell St which is at a traffic light a few blocks beyond Central St. Turn right onto Lowell and go a bit less than a mile, crossing Highland Ave (a traffic light) and continuing across a bridge over railroad tracks until just before Lowell St ends at Medford St. Turn right into the driveway of the Clubhouse's parking lot. The lot is asphalt and the entrance is between a building that comes to the street on the right and a chain-link-fence-topped cement wall on the left. The Clubhouse is brown and has a (currently) green dumpster.
- The NESFA Clubhouse is at 504 Medford. You can sometimes find parking on Medford St. If you want to park in back in the CH parking lot, our driveway is on the right on Lowell St, about 50 feet before it ends at Medford St. It is not the small fenced-in lot, but the asphalted lot with an entrance right next to it. There’s never enough parking, so get yourself in tight.