First edition, First printing
Page count: 176
Book Size: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
Second edition, First printing
Page count: 176
edited by Judith K. Dial & Thomas A. Easton
We're part of the cover-up!
Did you know that there is a secret government agency dedicated to creating conspiracy theories? It's true! It's on Facebook!
But it's not in this book. Our conspiracy theories are all fiction. At least, that's what we want you to think! Certainly, we did invite fiction writers to weigh in on conspiracy theories. The result includes (of course) the Masons and dragons (David Clements), the Bavarian Illuminati (Debra Doyle and James D. Macdonald) and the New World Order Shariann Lewitt). There's also the Shaver Mystery (science writer Jeff Hecht), cell phones and weather control (Rev DiCerto), Atlantis and Lemuria (Paul DiFilippo), Roswell (H. Paul Shuch of SETI fame), mermaids (Cat Rambo and Mike Resnick), ancient immortals who guide our breeding (Steven Popkes), quality management (Allen Steele), and—of all things!—Santa Claus (James Cambias). Not to mention the squirrels (Sarah Smith).
Table of Contents
- Editor’s Introduction by Judith K. Dial & Thomas A. Easton
- Ashlines by David L. Clements
- Postcards from Lemuria by Jeff Hecht
- Heavy Weather by Rev DiCerto
- A Dog in the Weather by Sarah Smith
- Antikhthon by Paul Di Filippo
- QM by Allen M. Steele
- The Mermaid Club by Cat Rambo & Mike Resnick
- The Great SETI Cover-Up of 1947 by H. Paul Shuch
- A Right Jolly Old… by James L. Cambias
- Geronimo’s Skull by Shariann Lewitt
- One Night in Bavaria by Debra Doyle & James D. Macdonald
- Every Little Bit by Steven Popkes
- About the Editors
Judith K. Dial was born in Hollywood, CA, a circumstance she's never quite overcome. Her parents read SF in an era when it wasn't quite respectable for adults to do so. She is married, lives in New England and works for www.amazingstoriesmag.com.
Thomas A. Easton is a retired academic who was recently drafted out of retirement to be the Acting Chair of the Department of Natural and Applied Sciences at Mount Ida College in Newton, MA. He is also a well-known writer and critic of science fiction.
Together, Judith and Tom are the editors of three previous anthologies: Visions of Tomorrow (Skyhorse, 2010), Impossible Futures (Pink Narcissus, 2013), and Deco Punk (Pink Narcissus, 2015).
Cover art by Bob Eggleton
Cover design by Alice N. S. Lewis