Second edition, First printing
Page count: 300
Book Size: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
Powers of Two
by Tim Powers
We now have a corrected edition of the book. If you want to trade in your misprinted copy of Powers of Two, please follow the “To obtain a corrected edition” procedure below. It is designed to save you the cost of shipping the whole book to us.
- Introduction: The First Concrete Evidence (Tim Powers)
- The Skies Discrowned
- An Epitaph in Rust
This book was produced for Arisia 2004 at which convention Tim Powers was Guest of Honor.
Tim PowersTim Powers has been writing SF novels since the mid '70s. His first two novels, The Skies Discrowned and An Epitaph in Rust, were published by Laser Books. The Drawing of the Dark, a delightfully original Arthurian fantasy, in which beer plays a major role in saving the world, appeared in 1979. He made a major impression on the field with the 1983 publication of The Anubis Gates, a complicated timetravel tale which founded a new school of fantasy: "steampunk." The Anubis Gates as well as his next novel, Dinner at Deviant's Palace, won Philip K. Dick Memorial Awards as the best paperback original of the year. His next book, On Stranger Tides, was an inventive fantasy combining voodoo, pirates, and the Royal Navy. Tim lives with his wife Serena in California.
To obtain a corrected editionFirst determine if you have a misprinted edition. Look at the bottom of the page opposite the table of contents. If it says FIRST EDITION, that's the misprinted one. If it says Second Corrected Edition, you're fine. If you want to trade in your misprinted copy of Powers of Two:
It will take 2-4 weeks for your corrected copy to arrive. Thank you.
- Tear (or cut) out the first 5 sheets in the book with printing on either side.Starting from the title page"Powers of Two is published on behalf of..." to "To Roy A. Squires"
- Cut out the bar code on the back of the dust jacket.
- Letter your name and address clearly on a 3"x5" card, or the equivalent. If we cannot read your address we will photocopy it, post it on the envelope and let the Post Office decide if they can find you.
- Put items 1, 2, and 3 into an envelope, put the proper postage on it, and send it to:
NESFA Post Office Box 809 Framingham, MA 01701 attn: Powers book
Cover art by Bob Eggleton
Cover design by Alice N. S. Lewis