First edition, First printing
Page count: 44
Book Size: 7"x8-1/2"
Sibyls & Spaceships
by Jo Walton
This poetry chapbook by Jo Walton focuses on poems Jo has written since her first chapbook, Lurkers & Muses, was published by Rune Press in 2001. Sybils & Spaceships includes a section of works commissioned for the John M. Ford Endowment Fund, Jo's entertaining Nigerian Spam poems, "Three Bears Norse," and dozens more of her works addressing subjects both timeless and topical.
Table of Contents
- Newton and Cromwell
- The Assumption of Saint Jerome
- What Do Elves Smell Like?
- Three Bears Norse
- Post-colonial Literature of the Elves
- The Old Queen
- Is This the Face?
- Blood Poem IV
- Secular Humanist Hymn
- John M. Ford Sestina
- Le Morte de MacArthur
- Eucatastrophe Poem
- A Glimpse of the Muse on Papineau
- John M. Ford Memorial, Friday 27th October 2006
- King of Flowers, King of the Sea
- Making Light Spam Poetry
- Happy New Year
- Candlemass (for Sarah Monette)
- February 15th
- Suddenly, Spring.
- Amroth III (Conversation with the Sea)
- Jardin Botanique, October 3rd 2005
- Plea for Inclusivity in Nativity Scenes
- "The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight"
- Cendrillon at Sunrise
- Home Photos
- Ares and Athene
- American Dream, A Political Anthem
- Posterity, a Poem
- An Old Poet Sees a New Star
- By Their Spaceships Ye Shall Know Them
- Keeping an Eye Out
- Thermodynamic Law
Jo Walton was Guest of Honor at Boskone 46; this chapbook was produced in her honour. First, February 2009, 250 copies
Cover photos by Michael Benveniste and the Hubble Space Telescope
Cover design by Geri Sullivan